Wednesday 27 January 2016

A Mummy Update: Three Months On

 
 
I am now fifteen weeks post-birth and overall feeling pretty good and almost back to my usual self. I had an emergency C-section which thankfully went perfectly and my physical recovery has been smooth-sailing ever since. I was up and about as soon as I regained feeling in my legs, out walking with the pram two days later and back driving after a week. I really can't recommend getting yourself up and about after a section asap enough, and I think that's what aided my recovery the most. The scar is healing well, and has just stopped feeling numb. I've actually caught it a few times on my jeans in the past week, I think I preferred it numb! 

In total I gained 3 stone during my pregnancy (I genuinely have no idea how!) and was gutted to leave the hospital with my 9lb 3oz baby only ten pounds lighter! I had banked on the amniotic fluid and placenta shaving an extra few pounds off. Between leaving hospital in mid-October and Christmas I lost approximately another stone, but this then stalled over the festive season thanks to all the yummy treats on offer. If you can't treat yourself at Christmas when can you?! Now we have a bit more routine I've started the battle against the bulge and have lost 9lbs in three weeks, bringing me to 10st 5lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 9st, but I had gained half a stone before that (happy relationships eh?!) so would preferably like to get back to that.
 
 
 
The downside of losing weight is that my stretch marks on my stomach are looking worse. I escaped them until 30 weeks pregnant but ended up with loads and the more my stomach shrinks the more they're joining together and look like wrinkles. Hopefully over time they'll improve. At the moment I'm undergoing physio because my tummy muscles split due to being so petite and having a large baby so I'm not allowed to do any sit-ups or stretches without supervision so can't really target my tummy area as much as I'd like but realistically I probably wouldn't do them anyway! My main issue is the stretch marks on my calves, if we get a nice summer I don't want to be restricted to jeans so if anyone has any recommendations for products to get rid of them then please let me know.

Emotionally I think I'm worse than I was at the start! Thankfully I escaped the Baby Blues and only had a few wobbly moments but when I look at A now and see how amazingly she's developing and just how generally gorgeous and scrummy she is I get so teary! At the moment I'm just feel a bit stuck in a rut. I feel as though all we do is go for a long walk around our area every.single.day and it's just become monotonous. I'm looking forward to A being a bit more aware so we can start going to some baby groups.

I couldn't have asked for a better recovery really, and I'm so thankful to have had such a wonderful pregnancy and birth. Now my only challenge is to get the rest of the weight off; hopefully in time to enjoy it for a wee while before it's time for the next one....

No comments:

Post a Comment