Tuesday 11 August 2015

My Second Trimester Essentials



I was very lucky in that my second trimester pretty much mimicked my first and was fairly smooth-sailing.  The second trimester is usually the favourite of many- myself included as I had so much more energy and was visibly pregnant, but not so pregnant that I felt restricted and of course started to feel little bubs move!
 
Below are the items I relied on during weeks 13-27 in order to make my pregnancy a bit more comfortable and enjoyable.
 

Vitamins
These appeared in my first-tri essentials as they're obviously extremely important, and I've continued to use the Pregnacare tabets throughout the rest of my pregnancy. As I said before, these are massive , so if you have a problem swallowing tablets it might be better to look for a smaller alternative.
 

Link
Maternity Jeans
I struggled in my usual jeans until I was 23 weeks because I couldn't find a reasonably priced but nice pair of maternity jeans. My
mistake was only beginning to look as I started to need them, so be wise and start searching as soon as you hit the second tri so you can make the most of them! I found these in New Look (who have been the most useful in maternity wear in general)- the blue were £12.99 and the black £18.99 and I have no complaints- great fit, comfy bump band and wash well.

Link

Link
Maternity Pillows
Another item I wish I had bought earlier! From about 18 weeks I had trouble sleeping and would wake up several times in the night feeling uncomfortable. I also kept waking up on my back, which isn't advised during pregnancy, but was my go-to sleep position beforehand. I bought the BabyStart Mum to Be Pillow set from Argos (£15.99), which includes a wedge and a v-shaped pillow. Sure, they're not as pretty looking as the more expensive ones, but if you're on a budget/ unsure if they'll actually benefit you then I'd definitely recommend trying these first. I use the wedge to stop myself from rolling completely onto my back and the other to cuddle as a support to my bump and legs, or to prop myself up in the night so I'm on my back but not lying flat. I can also use the v-shaped pillow for feeding once Baby is here, so great value overall!


 
Bump Butter/Oil
Looking back, this should have really gone into my first tri essentials as I do have quite a few stretch marks- a combination of being starting to use this too late and sometimes being lazy with application! I've favoured the nSpa Mum to Be range throughout my pregnancy, and have written a thorough review which you can view here.

 
Massage Oil/Cone
The aches and pains started to creep in during my second trimester, so I regularly blackmailed the Daddy-to-be into giving me regular massages! The From Dusk til Dawn massage cone from Lush is our favourite- it has a gorgeous citrus scent, the point gives a deep massage and because it starts off solid, it's much less messy. I actually have a brand-new, extra pointy one in my hospital bag for use during labour!


Non-wired bras
As I said in my first trimester essentials, underwired bras are the work of the devil and have continued to be throughout my whole pregnancy.

Source: www.paperchase.co.uk
A Diary
Start writing everything down or else you WILL forget something!


Source: www.tepe-interdental-brushes.co.uk

 Floss/interdental brushes
During second tri my gums became so painful and inflamed and be niggling constantly. I really had to be vigilant with my cleaning to stop this.

What are your second trimester essentials?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment